Bmw x2 2.0d msport - BMW X2 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

Bmw x2 2.0d msport

My X2 is four weeks old having covered 1200 miles, and two days ago from a cold start and driving 1/2 mile it just went into limp mode with smoke coming out of the exhausts. The main dealer is telling me that nothing is showing on the fault diagnosis read out and it is now driving normally. Has any one else had this problem?
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 01:44 PM

Have you confirmed your coolant levels? Is this issue repeatable or has it just occurred the once? I would also consider having your water pump/ thermostat checked. Could have just got a faulty part from factory.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

Limp mode

Hi Marko
The car has been at the garage since the event. I assume all is good with the levels, they have told me that it may have regenerated itself and this caused the limp mode. But, surely something would have shown up on the diagnostic checks.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 03:38 PM

Weird that they cant trace the fault through the cars computer, but hopefully it was just a one-off issue. At least it sounds like the dealer is just as curious as you are as to what caused the problem.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 07:52 PM

Are they at least taking care of you with a decent loaner? Buying cheaper BMW's like this I noticed they try to give you a rental instead of a BMW loaner. Not cool.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page