X2 Car Wrap Competition - BMW X2 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-22-2018, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

X2 Car Wrap Competition

BMW Blog says the BMW Central region has started a X2 Car Wrap Competition. You can design yur own dream X2 wrap and submit it. The four finalists will have their work produced and displayed at four Pittsburgh area BMW Centers and the first place winner will get a month-long loan of a BMW X2. It's a bit more complicated than I expected as I originally though it would be similar to the build page. But if you're artistic enough, give it a try.

https://www.wrapmyx2.com/
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-23-2018, 01:50 PM

What I really want to see is someone wrap an X2 in a theme similar to BMW's art car theme. However it should be done in a style that's unique to the X2 and not a direct copy from existing art cars.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

Honestly going to be hard with larger bodies because most wraps that look good on sportier bodies looks weird on a SUV or crossover. Something like this color changing wrap is nice, but only when there are long clean lines for it to go over.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 01:05 PM

I've seen some pretty interesting designs already, like this one which is supposed to represent Russia. I was hoping that the finalist would be offered as an actual option on future X2 models.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 06:22 AM

A theme that pays homage to the Vision Concept wouldn't be too bad either and best of all further hints towards BMW's future.

As for options on production versions, I rather see simple subtle vinyl add on's; stripes, pinstripes and so on.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-03-2018, 07:45 AM

The wraps are a little Austin powers for the likes of me 😆 I will have mine done soon in a Matt chrome burgundy one just need to find someone who has done one locally WS 🇬🇧 so I can inspect it 🙄😁
https://m.facebook.com/groups/411982842660786

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page