Standard vs. M sport X - BMW X2 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-18-2018, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

Standard vs. M sport X

Hey Y'all,
Sorry if this has been covered before. I looked but didn't find any past post on the subject. Being new here, I may (probably) missed it.

I've been trying very hard to get myself to like the Grill design on the xSport.
Every time I look at a photo my eyes keep going to that grill. Honestly, I'm just not comfortable with it.

I happened to look at the Standard (Base) X2 and I really like that grill much better. So I decided to build one. The options on the Standard model are very much the same as the mSport x.

My question to you is, what are your reasons your choosing to go with either model? Perhaps I'm missing some important features by passing on the mSport for the Standard. Also, what's your opinion on the grill.

Thanks.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 01:42 PM

There definitely don't seem to be many changes in performance amongst the different trims, aside from the suspension tweaks in the M Sport. I know the base model is missing LED lamps as well as the 20' wheels found on the premium trims. Imo the extra money spent on the M Sport isn't really justified by some different colored plastics.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 02:07 PM

I went with M sport as I think it's the sweet spot between the base and M sport X grill wise and don't like that grey band along the side of the car.

Gone E90 318d x 2 E92 320d 325d 335d F20 M135i M135i lci F82 M4 going F82 M4CP
inbound F39 X2
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 02:31 PM

One more thing after I came off Car config to my mind the base model looks meh! not a looker at all.
I would have passed that by if it was the only trim they did IMHO.

Gone E90 318d x 2 E92 320d 325d 335d F20 M135i M135i lci F82 M4 going F82 M4CP
inbound F39 X2
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2018, 07:24 PM

The m sport x has a much more aggressive body kit and having seen a standard m sport the same colour as mine today and with the standard smaller wheels I was unimpressed.... This car also had no leather and looked basic tbh. I feel that the car looks pretty basic interior wise to the competition for the money, I miss not having the larger screen for nav and the led interior lamps etc of my old Mercedes
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 03:49 AM

I went for the M sport but opted for a few options M sport plus package and tec pack with Dakota leather , I was wondering what the difference was between the m sport x ? 🤔

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page