X2 It Is ! - BMW X2 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

X2 It Is !

What's going on! Glad to be among the first few members on here, this should be a fun time. Caught whiff of the X2 and I thought I must have it, then I seen the spy videos and heard how it sounded... it was game over Definitely looks like it has the space I need and sizing. Coming from an older Range Rover, this will definitely be a nice step forward with some new tech.

Can't wait to engage in some conversation with the like-minded. Ciao.
Administrator likes this.
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 04:03 PM

Are you still going to be considering a product from Range Rover or are you going to leave them for good for BMW?

Which year and model Range Rover are you coming from?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 09:55 AM

The Range Rover is quite a bit longer than the upcoming X2, I'm guessing you're looking for something more compact?
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

A 2007 Range Rover HSE Supercharged @cityrun but I'm definitely looking to leave the brand. Maintaining these things are horrendous and I've had quite the amount of issues with it that seem to be common whilst comparing my experiences with friends that own them. Should have used them as scape goats first before I pulled the trigger. Oh well, lesson learned.

@Bimmers It really isn't all that spacious as it seems to be to be honest, but I don't really need a lot of space, but I still need space if that makes any sense. I like to do a fair bit of driving and carrying around some luggage is necessary from time to time. I also find myself picking up frequent visiting friends so carrying the luggage 2 persons would need for approximately a weeks stay is there.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 11:18 AM

Not surprised at all, JLR has been known to have problematic vehicles. I give them a few exceptions since when it comes to vehicles like a RR Autobiography, concerns about issues go right out the window but that's well beyond my budget.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

Definitely see it that way as well. Unfortunately not having an Autobiography, I'm pretty much out of the game with RR. I'm just really happy I haven't experienced some of the more serious issues that I've seen others go through. They need to be treated delicately to a certain extent I find. Throwing it through a bit of abuse and you start experiencing air suspension issues. When you take it to get detailed, you have to ensure it's no Joe Blow that uses a good amount of liquid when it comes to shampooing the carpets because under the passenger floors you have a fuse box that can get damaged very easily. (seen it happen twice personally)
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 03:08 PM

Well, funny enough while we had this conversation JLR was hard at work on a new product which could very well scoop of some people here. For those that don't know, its the Velar:

Depending on how good of a product it turns out being and if they offer up an SVO version, I might get it, sorry BMW.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 09:49 AM

The Velar was designed for every terrain and those cars generally come with a larger price tag than road specific vehicles like the X2. Though I do like the large panoramic glass roof, those usually help make the cabin feel larger than they really are.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Ahh I have actually seen that. Slotted between the Evoque and the Sport making it appropriately sized around the X2. It does look very nice, but I doubt I'll be jumping on that horse again. Just doesn't seem like I can find myself swaying in their direction. BUT... it does look really nice haha.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 09:59 AM

Personally never had any experience with JLR and their products, so I'll just stick with BMW as it's a brand I know and trust. Their vehicles are just exceptional when it comes to drive feel and how they perform. Never driven a bad BMW yet.

I'm sure JLR is improving a lot these days with their F-Pace and Velar, but they'll need to give incentives to move people like me.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page