Hello, help, decision time! - BMW X2 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 07:17 AM Thread Starter

Hello, help, decision time!

Hi there,
So pleased to have found this forum, some good reads on it.
After lots of research Im about to take the plunge on a nearly new X2 auto sport, grey or silver BUT I just cannot decide between diesel or petrol - any opinions much appreciated....

Ive always had diesels BMWs but only do circa 8000 mile per annum now, couple of shortish motorway journeys a week and the rest short local urban journeys so on that basis I thought I should try a petrol.
Also will the bad press eventually erode a diesel car so much it could really hurt in a few years time?
Possible problems with dpa also if not doing the right motoring for a diesel.

I know that sounds like Ive already made my mind up but Im just finding it hard to make the switch ans worrying the fuel consumption on a petrol might leave me kicking myself.

Thanks in anticipation of someone giving me another angle or confirming my thoughts
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 03:50 AM Thread Starter

Anyone?... would be really helpful if anyone can give their opinion, I get conflicting views from the dealers depending what theyve got in stock to sell. Cheers
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 08:54 AM

i just bought an X2 diesel and i reckon they will be around for some time to come but to be fair i'm thinking about early retirment and so therefore will up my travel distances for sure. BUT even around town at prsesnt my deisel is really really good on fuel consumption. i'm imporessed.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page