Hey everyone - Page 2 - BMW X2 Forum
 4Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 11:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09Gordon View Post
Leasehackr is definitely a good tool to use!
It sure is. Have you seen any interesting reports using it while X2 shopping?
cityrun is offline  
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 11:59 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityrun View Post
It sure is. Have you seen any interesting reports using it while X2 shopping?
I usually go through the ask the hackers section the most. It's interesting to see all the different offers people are getting.
09Gordon is offline  
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 04:43 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: U.K.
Posts: 7
Hi all
Iím a new member from U.K.
Iíve ordered an X2 and expect delivery about the end of October, spec is as follows...
18i sport, manual, Mediterranean blue, 18inch 566 wheels, vision pack, driver pack, lumbar support, anthracite cloth trim.
Canít wait, anyone else with the 18i ? Whatís it drive like ?
cityrun likes this.
TimesTwo is online now  
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 12:00 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimesTwo View Post
Hi all
Iím a new member from U.K.
Iíve ordered an X2 and expect delivery about the end of October, spec is as follows...
18i sport, manual, Mediterranean blue, 18inch 566 wheels, vision pack, driver pack, lumbar support, anthracite cloth trim.
Canít wait, anyone else with the 18i ? Whatís it drive like ?
Welcome and congrats on getting your X2.
How much did you pay out the door?

Are you planning to get paint protection done??
cityrun is offline  
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 06:01 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: U.K.
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityrun View Post
Welcome and congrats on getting your X2.
How much did you pay out the door?

Are you planning to get paint protection done??
Hi Cityrun Thanks for your welcome
As mentioned I havenít got my car yet, I expect to take delivery around end of October.
I think paint protection is only a good polish and Iím happy to do that myself. As for the price itís around £30,000 U.K. pounds. Are you in the U.K. ? If so there doesnít seem to be to many of us.
What model is yours ?

X2 18i Sport - 6 speed manual - Mediterranean Blue - Anthracite cloth - Comfort pack - Driver pack - Lumbar support - expected end October 2019.
TimesTwo is online now  
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimesTwo View Post
Hi all
Iím a new member from U.K.
Iíve ordered an X2 and expect delivery about the end of October, spec is as follows...
18i sport, manual, Mediterranean blue, 18inch 566 wheels, vision pack, driver pack, lumbar support, anthracite cloth trim.
Canít wait, anyone else with the 18i ? Whatís it drive like ?
Welcome to the forum TimesTwo! From my experience the ride can be a bit firm depending on your preference, but it's also quick and pretty nimble too.
TimesTwo likes this.
09Gordon is offline  
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 08:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 449
Its firm indeed but done right. Most people I know that done like it just shop with Mercedes instead and I can't blame them. BMW's aren't for everyone.
cityrun is offline  
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-29-2019, 12:33 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: DELMARVA
Posts: 3
Red face 2019 X2 M35I New Owner/Forum Member

Hi everyone! This post serves as my virtual introduction. I ordered my 2019 X2 M35i in May and picked it up from the performance center in June. Very happy with the vehicle so far. I took the headrest out from the middle seat in the rear. This made the rear view mirror much more functional. Performance of this car has been outstanding. Only issue I have is a lag when moving slowly at about 10-20 mph. Lag is worse if AC is on. Other then that car has been awesome!



If this isn't the proper forum for this info, I apologize.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vehicle.png
Views:	5
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	132  
Assiduous2 is offline  
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:20 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimesTwo View Post
Hi all
Iím a new member from U.K.
Iíve ordered an X2 and expect delivery about the end of October, spec is as follows...
18i sport, manual, Mediterranean blue, 18inch 566 wheels, vision pack, driver pack, lumbar support, anthracite cloth trim.
Canít wait, anyone else with the 18i ? Whatís it drive like ?

Hello TT Thought I'd post because my X2 spec is not so far from yours and I'm based in England (NE) - most of the X2 contributors are US based and have the upmarket 300 bhp X2.


My story - purchased a Meditteranean Blue 2.0i Xdrive on 1st July this year, trading in a Mineral Grey 3 series 330D xdive. Reason new 3 series is slightly too long for my garage.


Liked the Med blue as did my wife. So far the car has been a joy. I got the basic SE but specced up the model with 3 packs vision, drivers etc. In other word I exchanged a lot of embellishments of the M sport, ie inside contrast lighting, for the things I thought I needed. Most imprtantly the X2 has 17 inch wheels with their 225/55 tyres non runflat tyres. This has disproved the doubts that the X2 has a hard or harsh ride. Indeed it rides better than the 330d even with the 330Ds adaptive suspension


Main points


Lovely ride especially on motorway.
Very good seating position not too high and not too low.
Brisk response from smooth engine
Super auto gear change even though different box to the 330D..


Slight downers


View out back is not brilliant but you get used it by using wing mirrors more.
Miss the 258bhp of the 330D - pity you couldnt get a 240 bhp X2.


So I'll be amazed if you don't love the car - indeed read one drooling report which says its not necessary to get the 2.0i as the 1.8i works very well too.


I'll be interested to read of your reactions. Best wishes with the new car.


EK
TimesTwo likes this.
EcclesKen1 is offline  
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 05:13 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: U.K.
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by EcclesKen1 View Post
Hello TT Thought I'd post because my X2 spec is not so far from yours and I'm based in England (NE) - most of the X2 contributors are US based and have the upmarket 300 bhp X2.


My story - purchased a Meditteranean Blue 2.0i Xdrive on 1st July this year, trading in a Mineral Grey 3 series 330D xdive. Reason new 3 series is slightly too long for my garage.


Liked the Med blue as did my wife. So far the car has been a joy. I got the basic SE but specced up the model with 3 packs vision, drivers etc. In other word I exchanged a lot of embellishments of the M sport, ie inside contrast lighting, for the things I thought I needed. Most imprtantly the X2 has 17 inch wheels with their 225/55 tyres non runflat tyres. This has disproved the doubts that the X2 has a hard or harsh ride. Indeed it rides better than the 330d even with the 330Ds adaptive suspension


Main points


Lovely ride especially on motorway.
Very good seating position not too high and not too low.
Brisk response from smooth engine
Super auto gear change even though different box to the 330D..


Slight downers


View out back is not brilliant but you get used it by using wing mirrors more.
Miss the 258bhp of the 330D - pity you couldnt get a 240 bhp X2.


So I'll be amazed if you don't love the car - indeed read one drooling report which says its not necessary to get the 2.0i as the 1.8i works very well too.


I'll be interested to read of your reactions. Best wishes with the new car.


EK
Ohhh EK
Great to get a post and reply from the U.K. and thanks for the wishes.
Iíve only had it one week and Iím loving it
https://www.bmwx2forum.com/forum/att...1&d=1573678174

Iíve 18inch wheels but still find the ride acceptable, itís firm as it should be for a sports model but doesnít crash over potholes just a refined thud maybe the best way of describing it. Best bit is you can through it into bends with very little roll and the handling is great for this type of car.
Two things I donít like.....
The front upper seatbelt anchors are not height adjustable and being vertically challenged I find the belt cuts across my neck.
The handbrake looks like an auto but isnít, all car Iíve ever driven with a switch type rather than the old lever automatically apply when you come to a halt but this one lets you think it has by auto holding but then releases. Not great if you are not used to it.

Obviously I hasnít fully tested the 1.5 engine yet as not done 300 miles so far but it definitely doesnít feel underpowered, would be great if you have a link to the report you mention.

I canít believe the lack of activity on this forum, come on X2 owners, lets hear from you !

Iíll report back after a few more miles but would be pleased to respond to any questions or alternative thoughts
TimesTwo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B21707F0-9D10-4BB8-B8F4-43A78FFCB662.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	491.4 KB
ID:	134  

X2 18i Sport - 6 speed manual - Mediterranean Blue - Anthracite cloth - Comfort pack - Driver pack - Lumbar support - expected end October 2019.
TimesTwo is online now  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome