BMW X2 Will Be Sold In Australia - BMW X2 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

BMW X2 Will Be Sold In Australia

Those of you from down under will be getting the X2 along with the larger X7 in the coming years when they're finally released. You'll probably get the M variant too. I think sales were pretty good in Australia for the X1 and X3 so the X2 should do well too.

Here's the whole article about it. BMW to expand SUV range with X2, X7 - Car News | CarsGuide
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 12:53 AM

This might be a good thing for some people, for all we know the X2 might have a lot of problems in the first year of production.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 06:28 PM

Can't see it having any sort of powertrain issues, however the trending thing these days seems to be infotainment bugs. That I'm anticipating for sure.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCubed View Post
Can't see it having any sort of powertrain issues, however the trending thing these days seems to be infotainment bugs. That I'm anticipating for sure.
With this being a model that will have a lot of shared parts, we have better odds here but at the same time there's always that chance. Actually if they do some some of tuning and changing of part, even that might influence the odds we'll come across issues.

It's something you should always factor in, I sure do. Ultimately once you have a good dealership that knows customer service you should be in the clear.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 10:48 AM

That's why I don't buy new models within the first year of its release, or at least I'll wait a while so owners elsewhere can be the beta testers. Yes, the factory warranty will cover and bugs you find within that time frame but it's just a pain to constantly bring a vehicle to the dealership for repairs as I've experienced that before.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-23-2017, 04:59 PM

If it comes with compensation of some sort, sometimes it would be a good thing. Even not as high end brands such as Subaru was giving customers $150 for an apology present lol. Maybe BMW does that as well?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-26-2017, 06:34 PM

Hyundai I think gave people money back on a prorated term, throughout the length of their ownership. But as soon as the vehicle got sold, the credit ended, second owner doesn't get it.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-27-2017, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

I doubt BMW would offer up money if there are problems with the X2, but they will fix it under warranty so long as it's within the first year. After that, it'll be reliant on whatever extended warranty you have.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-27-2017, 11:38 AM

I guess depending on your relationship with the dealership you may be able to negotiate and finesse your way into maybe some free services or something. An oil change or two perhaps, whatever the case is, there's always something up for grabs, you just have to ask right.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-30-2017, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCubed View Post
I guess depending on your relationship with the dealership you may be able to negotiate and finesse your way into maybe some free services or something. An oil change or two perhaps, whatever the case is, there's always something up for grabs, you just have to ask right.
you can say that since there are many variables that come into play in getting extras from dealers
they are run like independent companies and there's no exact way that things are run and/or handed out
but for a vehicle that will be in such high demand I don't know how much leverage we will have.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page