BMW X2 Models & Pricing - BMW X2 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
BMW X2 Models & Pricing

Models

For 2018 so far BMW offers the X2 in two trims, an sDrive28i Front-Wheel Drive model that starts from $36,400, for $2000 more you can have the xDrive28i for $38,400 that comes equipped with xDrive Intelligent All-Wheel Drive. Both models can be optioned up from Standard Design trim to M Sport X Design that have about a $5000 price gap between them. As with most BMW products price can jump quickly depending on model and options. Pricing further jumps depending on Tier taking price to nearly $10,000 more than base. Beyond that are smaller fees for special paint, special upholstery, Convenience Options, Entertainment Options, Performance Options and Safety Options.

Quote:
X2 xDrive28i
All-wheel drive, 2.0-liter TwinPower Turbo inline 4-cylinder
  • 0–60 MPH - 6.3 sec
  • STARTING MSRP - $38,400

X2 sDrive28i
Front-wheel drive, 2.0-liter TwinPower Turbo inline 4-cylinder
  • 0–60 MPH - 6.6 sec
  • STARTING MSRP - $36,400
- BMW USA

Exterior

Whats included as part of the options mentioned above include the optional 19-inch and 20-inch wheels (M-specific option), an improvement from the standard 18-inch setup which are still great for basemodel buyers. While we don't any other options, the X2 was designed right from the start with a bold new look with features to match. Some of these include the inverted kidney grilles, LED Headlights with Cornering Lights, LED rear lights, LED Fog Lights, coupe styling, X characteristics, C-pillar roundel, dual 90mm exhaust tips and an optional M-specific spoiler. Overall BMW didn't cut any corners to ensure we get one of the most attractive crossovers offered in its segment. Still, we can't wait to see what else is in store.

Quote:
Turn It Over.
The inverted kidney grilles create a bold new look, for a fresh take on a distinctive icon. Positioned low like a coupe, the chrome frame and black high-gloss bars of the grille add to the focused, energetic appearance of the X2 — barely containing the power within.

See What's Next.
LED Headlights with Cornering Lights illuminate the road when you're traveling at speed. With the LED Fog Lights, they create a distinctive appearance, and complete the connection between coupe styling and X characteristics. It's not quite seeing the future — but it's close.

Roll Out.
Eye-catching alloy wheels, ranging from standard 18" to a generous 20", draw the attention down to where the rubber meets the road. With four styles to choose from — including an M-specific 20" option — the X2 steals the show in any configuration.

On Your Mark.
The C-pillar roundel is a bold badge of distinction — a throwback to an era that established BMW's reputation for sporty, aggressive vehicles, and changed automotive design forever. It's a perfect complement to the unique high gloss black B-pillar and the racy coupe-like silhouette of this unconventional X.

Stand Out.
Distinctive full LED rear lights provide a BMW signature effect, while the extroverted dual 90mm exhaust tips underscore the sporty nature of the X2. The rear is styled without a bumper step, while the M Sport X model pushes daring looks even further with contrasting frozen grey trim on the rocker panel. An optional M-specific spoiler provides the finishing touch of rugged, sporty character.
- BMW USA

Tiers & Packages

As mentioned above, once optioned with one of these packages you could see yourself paying a much higher premium to own an X2, however the difference these make for certain individuals can make it all worth while. There's something for everyone, regardless of which one you choose. The most impressive has to be the Premium Tier and Driving Assistance Package for anyone wanting best in class tech. Not everyone will care for off-road abilities, after all most of these crossovers end up in major cities rather than even light trails. As the self driving vehicle space grows we look forward to seeing how the Driving Assistance Package improves. For now BMW has their bases covered.

Quote:
Simplicity Tier
A Powerful First Step.
The Simplicity Tier of the First-Ever BMW X2 is anything but basic. The rearview camera and LED headlights with cornering lights give you a clear sight of both what’s ahead and what’s behind you. The power tailgate and 6 color ambient lighting bring a tradition of luxury to an otherwise untraditional BMW.

Convenience Tier
All for You.
The Convenience Tier, from panoramic moonroof and auto-dimming mirrors to keyless entry and SiriusXM Satellite Radio, is designed to provide an easy, accessible driving experience flush with extreme comfort.

Premium Tier
Get Warmed Up.
The Premium Tier includes heated seats and steering wheel keep you comfortable even on the coldest days. Head-Up Display, Real-Time Traffic Information, and Navigation with Touchpad Controller keep you in-the-know on the way to wherever you’re going.

Dynamic Handling Package
Take Hold of the Road.
The Dynamic Handling Package allows you to handle any curve the road throws your way. Dynamic Damper Control allows you to adjust your suspension on the fly, and M Sports Steering provides more precise, responsive steering, allowing the X2 to hug every corner and push every limit.

Driving Assistance Package
See Clearly. Drive Safely.
The Driving Assistance Package is designed for almost any environment. Local speed limit info helps you manage unfamiliar territory, and automatic high beams light up even the darkest roads. For busier streets and highways, lane departure and forward collision warning—including city collision mitigation—keep you on track and in-the-know.
- BMW USA

Interior Tech

On the inside you will find a number of tech features that while simple, make a big impact on how you are spending time in the drivers seat, along with what your passengers experience. Starting with the most important of all, connectivity, BMW has included a wireless charging and WiFi hotspot to allow all occupants connect to the web. Don't be surprised if you run through the free 3GB of data for your first 3 months rather quickly. iDrive 6.0 allows for natural language understanding for a fluid, effortless and seamless experience.

Quote:
Wireless Charging and WiFi Hotspot
Maintain constant connection. A charging pocket in the central console provides inductive Wireless Charging for your compatible smartphone. The onboard WiFi Hotspot lets your passengers connect with ease — with 3GB of data included free for 3 months.

Rear View Camera
Watch your six. The standard Rear View Camera lets you keep an eye on everything behind your BMW. Paired with Park Distance Control, it guides you into a perfect parking job every time.

iDrive 6.0
Navigate naturally. The intuitive interface of the latest iDrive includes natural language understanding, so you can simply say what you want to do — from finding a destination to choosing a radio station — and let your BMW do the rest.

Head-up Display
Get vital driving information — and see what's coming — with the Head-up Display. Navigation guidance, collision warnings, your speed and speed limits are projected directly on the windshield, so you can look ahead while keeping your eyes on the road.
- BMW USA

Colors

There's just about no better way to complement what BMW achieved with the rest of the X2's design than to include a palette of vibrant and fun colors, similar to what you might find on sportier products offered elsewhere in BMW's line up. Its a trend we have seen stretch to other entry-level products, another most recent model has been the 2-Series coupe. With the larger market the X2 serves and the young professional dominant demographic that surrounds it, BMW almost had no choice but to go with these colors. Even BMW's marketing material hints towards that.

Quote:
Exterior Colors
  • Alpine White Non-Metallic
  • Black Sapphire Metallic Metallic - $550
  • Mineral Grey Metallic Metallic - $550
  • Dark Olive Metallic Metallic - $550
  • Mediterranean Blue Metallic Metallic - $550
  • Misano Blue Metallic Metallic - $550
  • Galvanic Gold Metallic Metallic - $550
  • Sunset Orange Metallic Metallic - $550

Upholstery Colors
  • Sensatec Oyster/Black Leatherette
  • Black SensaTec Leatherette
  • Magma Red Dakota Leather Leather - $1,450
  • Mocha Dakota Leather Leather - $1,450
  • Black with Blue Highlight Dakota Leather Leather - $1,450
  • Oyster Dakota Leather Leather - $1,450
  • Black Dakota Leather Leather - $1,450

Trims
  • Fine-wood 'Fineline' Trim with Pearl Chrome Accent Trim
  • Brushed Aluminum Trim with Pearl Chrome Accent Trim
  • Black High-gloss Trim with Pearl Chrome Accent Trim
  • Aluminum Hexagon Trim with Pearl Grey Chrome Accent Trim
- BMW USA
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 02:25 PM

Pricing is right where it needs to be but the X2 still lacks a lot and as BMW improves it to more modern standards i'm concerned how pricing might be impacted.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 01:20 PM

I think one area of improvement they should focus on is the stiff ride. Seen a fair amount of criticisms regarding road and suspension noise, so better insulation and softer springs should be considered for the next MY. Its a great looking crossover however, no denying that.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemz View Post
I think one area of improvement they should focus on is the stiff ride. Seen a fair amount of criticisms regarding road and suspension noise, so better insulation and softer springs should be considered for the next MY. Its a great looking crossover however, no denying that.
I agree but at the same time the X2's customer base views the entire vehicle as a win.

Its an affordable BMW...

Often that's enough to look past some of its issues.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 03:41 PM

At some point I believe its passable given what else is offered int he segment.
BMW has a lot going for it and won't lose customer, if anything this increase of entry-level brands are propelling them.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemz View Post
If you haven't bought an X2 as yet I suggest waiting for some to show up on the used market 6+ months later with the typical mileage that would rack up. If the suspension is truly rough it will stay rough. If it needed a good break in, that too will be reflected.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 12:30 AM

I think it largely depends on what type of customer you are.
Some people I know attribute that stiff ride to sportiness which to some degree is true and works in BMW's favor. In other cases its just part of the suspensions break in process and goes away after a few weeks.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page