What to love or hate about the 2018+ BMW X2 F39? - BMW X2 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Guillermo Power

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
What to love or hate about the 2018+ BMW X2 F39?

If you can share a few things about your ownership of the BMW X2, what would it be? The most liked or hated, share them with every one I am sure you won't be the only one.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 05:37 PM

Angry Dab ?

Not pleased with this and I think itís not perfected yet? One is the fact their is no search for channels like the FM function . DAB is not good and is that bad I canít be bothered using it now !
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Goalby View Post
Not pleased with this and I think itís not perfected yet? One is the fact their is no search for channels like the FM function . DAB is not good and is that bad I canít be bothered using it now !
I couldn't get over the fact its FWD but I got past it enough to be on this forum. The real test to me is at least 6 months with an owner who will drive it nearly everyday and in varying conditions. But as an entry level product we always have to expect some sort of compromise.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 06:07 PM

* So quiet and smooth! Compared to my lowered and stiffened Camaro the X2 M Sport rides like a magic carpet.
* It has a stereo that I can actually listen to!
* Comfort steering is good to have, makes the car so easy to drive.
* The brakes work very well (unlike my other car).
* Amazing handling for a crossover!

Dislikes:
* Slow off the line compared to my other car.
* FWD wheel hop is something I didn't want to experience again
* DCT shifter is great for LHD and not so great for RHD. Moving the shifter towards you for manual shifting feels natural and makes it nearly impossible to accidentally get out of manual mode, moving the shifter away from you is unnatural. My car is RHD.
cityrun likes this.

Regards,
Lover of old cars experiencing something new.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillermo Power View Post
Dislikes:
* Slow off the line compared to my other car.
* FWD wheel hop is something I didn't want to experience again
* DCT shifter is great for LHD and not so great for RHD. Moving the shifter towards you for manual shifting feels natural and makes it nearly impossible to accidentally get out of manual mode, moving the shifter away from you is unnatural. My car is RHD.
Its quite sad actually that Honda got rid of it on the new Civic Type R, meanwhile on a so called premium vehicle, BMW couldn't do it.
I understand its entry-level but a well built entry-level product can make someone a return customer for life

Harsh ride quality from the suspension coupled with the hop did put me off a bit.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 01:17 PM

There seems to be a lot more road and suspension noise that I anticipated from a BMW product. It also gets a bit too pricey for the higher end trim levels and we should not be forced to pay a fee for things like Apple Car Play.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 11:23 AM

In that case you might be better off buying a comparable Mercedes as they're typically softer but not sporty feeling like most BMW's unless you shop within higher trims.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page