Newbie - BMW X2 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Hi all
Just a hello to all ordered an X2 on 1st of March went into production 3rd of March should be here April.
Went for SO with oyster Sport sunroof and everything except drivers pack, done all the YouTube vids
And I'm really looking forward to getting this car.

Last edited by Exskin; 03-12-2018 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Spelling
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 07:00 PM

Glad to have a new owner (well... soon to be) on the forum.
What other CUV's were you looking at before deciding on the X2, it seems that we have so many options these days?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Hi Cityrun
Thanks, the answer is none although I may have delved into the dark side ( Audi car configuration) Q3 for a few moments
but I've been with BM for most of my life.
Think I Just stumbled across it the X section of Car configuration and the dumping of snow that the "beast from the east"brought me
my current stead had to go ( long story).
There's just something about the X2 looks , funky modern different I don't know.
Would really have preferred X drive but didn't want a diesel a 28i X drive would have been perfect for me but don't think we're getting it yet if at all in the UK.
Plus it's the only thing that fits in my garage bar X1 and that does nothing for me, shame or I'd be ordering an X3 M40i :-)(but think that's RWD only.
Cheers Ex

Last edited by Exskin; 03-13-2018 at 08:18 PM.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exskin View Post
Hi Cityrun
Thanks, the answer is none although I may have delved into the dark side ( Audi car configuration) Q3 for a few moments
but I've been with BM for most of my life.
Think I Just stumbled across it the X section of Car configuration and the dumping of snow that the "beast from the east"brought me
my current stead had to go ( long story).
There's just something about the X2 looks , funky modern different I don't know.
Would really have preferred X drive but didn't want a diesel a 28i X drive would have been perfect for me but don't think we're getting it yet if at all in the UK.
Plus it's the only thing that fits in my garage bar X1 and that does nothing for me, shame or I'd be ordering an X3 M40i :-)(but think that's RWD only.
Cheers Ex
I had a feeling that would be the case because so far it is for me, that's until I start test driving our other options. Also i'm waiting on the new A-Class hatch to arrive so I can finally decide what to do. I don't have much need for space hence why I can move so freely from the X2 to a hatch.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityrun View Post
I had a feeling that would be the case because so far it is for me, that's until I start test driving our other options. Also i'm waiting on the new A-Class hatch to arrive so I can finally decide what to do. I don't have much need for space hence why I can move so freely from the X2 to a hatch.
Strange I,m out as well and even stranger it will also be an A class 250 amgline 4matic, never got on with the X2.
Donít like the way it torque steers or the gearbox it takes an age to decide to downshift and found out after six months
I donít like being that high of the ground itís not for me expensive mistake but never mind.
So she is going looked at new 3series but again no Xdrive option(UK)on petrol models so with 224bhp 4matic petrol
and that beautiful tech filled cockpit it won.

It did have some aspects I like but that was of my choosing HK sunset orange and oyster interior.

So its over and out from me cheers Exskin

Gone E90 318d x 2 E92 320d 325d 335d F20 M135i M135i lci F82 M4 going F82 M4CP
inbound F39 X2
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-03-2018, 07:16 AM

I tried the X1 that was manual and only front wheel drive ! And yes loads of tourque steer 😩 I chose the X2 over the merc x drive diesel with the 8 speed auto box far better imo and one of the best gearbox you can have apparently 🤔
Very pleased ....

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page