Camo wrap on a BMW X2 - BMW X2 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-10-2017, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

Camo wrap on a BMW X2

Looks like BMW is finally getting into some interesting reveals for even its not as fun models, the X2 being one of them. Surprisingly they didn't bother trying to hide anything in this reveal, all body lines can easily seen. So take this as the first production model in the wild.

Let me know what you guys think!

more pictures here
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 09:52 AM

That grille looks a lot better than the patent drawings we saw earlier and that one comes with a moonroof. Nice!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmers View Post
That grille looks a lot better than the patent drawings we saw earlier and that one comes with a moonroof. Nice!
Well its much like the concept we seen which is also pictured in the forums banner, so just like a lot of what we're seeing here, its not new. Overall things have been slightly toned down while keeping enough of the concept. Now to see what color options we get.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-15-2017, 10:15 AM

Here's a few more teasers of the new X2 under that odd camo wrap. Seems like it's going through the urban jungle now.

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-15-2017, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

they did a good job highlighting certain things with the headlights being one of them, i know that bmw wanted to put some more emphasis on that with all the headlights changes that have come this time around.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 10:04 AM

One concern I do have is the rear visibility because of how steeply raked the window is and the low hanging wing.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 05:55 PM

I'm sure it'll be fine and it could look a lot better once you're inside the car. If that was the case then all coupes will be dangerous to drive with how slanted the rear window is.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

BMW and most car makers these days have technology to make up for it so you don't have to worry. We got to the point that design is top priority and they just work around it with tech. If you think this is bad just wait for future generations.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-24-2017, 10:41 AM

I've heard of a rear view mirror that can switch between normal mirror view and rear camera view, but that's not really needed because rear visibility looks to be around average for its segment.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-24-2017, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

at this rate with the tech we're getting, a system that detects objects coming from either end might be more possible, already we see self driving tech slowly making its way and object recognition is one key feature of that.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page