Leaked Interior Image - BMW X2 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

Leaked Interior Image

Or so they say, but it just looks like any other rendering of a concept car to me. What does everyone think? It came from an automotive site I'm not familiar with. autospies

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 11:19 AM

Definitely not the interior of the X2 lmao. That steering wheel alone speaks for itself.

Do I like that interior, heck yeah! But there's no way we'll be getting things like an alcantara steering wheel with carbon inserts and a tacho. Even looks like there's alcantara on the dash as well.
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 04:04 PM

One thing for sure is we will get a lot of whats seen here, from model to model BMW doesn't change much and they don't need to. At the end of the day people will buy.

Just don't forget to also refer to the X4's interior:

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 10:01 AM

Majority of the plastics and all of that, for sure, BMW interiors all primarily use parts from the same parts bin lol.

That steering wheel is definitely more in line but on some sort of M sport model. Either way.. I want it. Worst case scenario, if we can't get an alcantara wrapped wheel with that red stripe, I'll get my upholstery guy to do it
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 10:48 AM

I'm a bit of an OCD cleaner, so I prefer soft plastic steering wheels for easy sanitation with a lysol wipe when needed. Those chemicals could damage leather.
Wouldn't mind seeing the infotainment dial on the left side of the gear stick instead of the right, easier for me to reach.
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-03-2017, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

That's actually a pretty intuitive location for a selector dial since your hand is already close to it thanks to the shifter, just move your hand to the right a bit and the dial is there. Better than having it located under the shifter, gets awkward moving your arm back.
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 10:15 AM

I'd rather it be on the right side than the left side, if it's that close, I feel like my arm would be too close and tucked to my body. At least on the right side, I can stretch the arm a little bit and have it rested on the arm rest.
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Xtreme View Post
That's actually a pretty intuitive location for a selector dial since your hand is already close to it thanks to the shifter, just move your hand to the right a bit and the dial is there. Better than having it located under the shifter, gets awkward moving your arm back.
Its just them following the industry norm since if you look at what other car makers are doing, its the same thing, all the time. Even Lexus does something similar. Jaguar does something similar too. Position changes slightly from one car maker to another but its always near the shifter.
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 02:42 PM

There's no reason to place it anywhere else and it''s been working for a very long time. Remember when BMW initially came out with it years and years ago... same place.
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 08:50 PM

In the future I won't mind having more voice commands and steering wheel controls but aside from that these dials are the way to go. Last I checked the industry was ready for heavy use of voice command. We already see this rolling out elsewhere outside of the automotive world.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page