a next generation interior? - BMW X2 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

a next generation interior?

With how much the X2 concept exterior design deviates from what we have been seeing from BMW so far, if its consistent with a production model, what are the odds we'll see that reflected on the interior?

Although the 2-Series and X4 are in segments surrounding the X2, both have interior designs that (in my opinion) have aged quickly.
post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 10:51 AM

I wouldn't mind an interior layout similar to the X5. everything is well organized into their own little section in the center console and the infotainment screen isn't integrated into the dash like the X4. The exterior will be unique enough for me, wouldn't want to be bombarded by sharp angles on the inside too.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Great mention, that layout is truly the sort of next-gen I was looking for and as much as someone might say its too much of a departure from the X2 (being in a few segments above), considering how competitive this segment is and how much ammo BMW needs to bring to the game, I can see this happening...

The only thing is we might not get as many colors and materials on lower trims but the overall design layout should remain consistent.
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 10:59 AM

Probably soft plastics instead of leather on the dash, maybe less air vents and a few buttons may be removed like hill decent assist. But I wouldn't mind a general layout like that and it's all controlled by an intuitive knob.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Xtreme View Post
Probably soft plastics instead of leather on the dash, maybe less air vents and a few buttons may be removed like hill decent assist. But I wouldn't mind a general layout like that and it's all controlled by an intuitive knob.
If this was a 7-Series then maybe you can say vents will change but when it comes to the smaller segment BMW's it stays relatively the same. Vent layout all the same only changing slightly in size. BMW is very cookie cutter and they have a lot of reasons to with cheap segments, people will buy regardless.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 11:22 AM

It'll definitely be "part bin" vents and knobs and what not as we usually see in the lower end area of BMW. It's always really generic.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 05:58 PM Thread Starter

Exactly.

I just hope they do some things different this time around although I can understanding them wanting to keep it much like the rest of the models they sell. Just sleeker than the 2-series interior, those vents were too clunky
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 03:19 PM

I think we can expect to see a lot more flowing lines in the cabin and less block shapes like squares and rectangles, jsut so it flows better with what we're expecting the exterior to look like. Would be a disappointment to potential buyers if the outside raises our expectations only to reveal a boring interior.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 04:26 PM

Hopefully they can at least come out with some sort of M sport package and include red leather... I like red leather.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

Don't set your expectations too high since if you look at M Trims like the X4 M40i, that already gives you a good idea of what to expect, and a red leather interior doesn't seem to likely at all. Maybe in a future model year but don't expect it during launch years.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page