a next generation interior? - Page 2 - BMW X2 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 09:50 AM

If we're looking at the X4, the only red upholstery they have is the Ivory White Nevada Leather w/exclusive red contrast stitching. That's as red as it's going to get and the same may apply for the X2.
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 12:12 PM

That's pretty darn sad.. Well, I won't hold my hopes high, but I can wish. Potentially they may surprise me for a mid-year update
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

As long as they deliver enough of performance on the M_ _ _ i version then i'll be happy, and with the rate things have been moving with M trims that won't be an issue. If you want some special interior then spending bigger dollars for an Alpina X2 might be what you want.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 09:46 AM

Of course performance is key and an interior that's not everything I'd hoped for won't deter me. I can't imagine them offering bespoke upholstery for the X2 considering the costs it adds. Wouldn't want to deter people from going for the X2.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 10:35 AM

Performance is always the biggest thing obviously. Performance and comfort are what will really keep me going with it. But considering you spend majority of your time looking at the interior opposed to looking at anything else, it would make the experience much nicer overall. A bespoke interior won't be happening at all just considering how much farther down the lineup it is.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

The most bespoke it will get is in limited production run trims.
Typically with a vehicle like this that has such a wide audience its much easier to have these limited production run models than with anything else. But of course that comes with risk, all a matter if BMW is willing to take that on, and they should.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 09:55 AM

We can probably get a good idea of what a M Sport package for the X2 will have from the X4. For the interior they have some nice finishers, sport seats in the front, leather steering wheel and a few other things. They've even got a special car key with blue detailing. Not bad for an extra $2,300.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 09:58 AM

Have they ever done limited production run trims on any bmw X model though? I always think of those to be a Wrangler thing.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

They haven't from what I noticed but that's what i'm saying here is it presents them with a new opportunity. Right now BMW is into changing things a lot so that might be one of them for all we know. All that we can hope for right now is an M package.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 09:36 AM

The M package is definitely what I have hopes for. Special limited trims, I doubt it.. even if they do bring something like that out, it'll be for the higher end X I would think

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page